Thursday, December 9, 2010

hey we got to bring kensley home late tuesday night. we were all so glad and grateful to be back, she lit right up when we walked into the house. we met with our home health nurse wednesday and went over what we would be doing throughout this process. they will be in on mondays and thursdays to draw her blood that will be used to keep an eye on her counts and such. we are taking her into the hospital on friday's here in cedar to give her one part of her chemo treatments. we cant have visitors for a few days while her counts are dropping from her first session last friday. we have to be pretty strict on that one even though we dont want to be. but we all want what is best for her right now. that means sick people stay clear :) we are able to be here most of the month so we are thankful for that because the holidays are so important for us. we have to take her up around the 20th for the surgery to move her ovaries and then be back for christmas. after the holidays we are going to be really busy with her for six to seven weeks. they have set out some jars at both of our work places and a savings account for kensley at zions bank, and on behalf of our family we thank everyone for your contributions to us. it means alot and we are so thankful to be surrounded by such great people this season. love the kings

2 comments:

  1. King Family,

    You don't know me, my name is Kara Thomas. I found your blog on facebook. One of my friends had made a comment about Kensley and I looked you up out of curiosity. I am so sorry to hear about Kensley's Tumor.

    I was reading through your posts and I couldn't help but think back to my own battle through cancer. I was diagnosed with Acute Mylogenous Leukemia in January of 2003. I too was life flighted to Primary Childrens, given a Central Line and Chemo. It was definetly the longest and toughest time of my life. Even though it was so hard, I was surrounded by people who loved and cared about me. Family, Friends, and people I did not even know.

    I don't know you or your family but I remember how much it meant to know people cared. I hope you and your family know there are so many people who's thoughts and prayers go out in Kensley's behalf as well as the rest of your family.

    I hope you guys can find peace and happiness throughout this holiday season despite the struggles you are all facing now. I wish you the very best and Merry Christmas.

    Love,
    Kara Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking about your family and I have been praying for you since the day I heard. I love your Grandpa Kasey and I know how much he loves all of you. Love sees us through a lot in this life. Here are two quotes that have assisted me this past 9 months with the ordeal we are going through "Every adversity carries with it the equal or greater benefit" and "Everything happens for a reason, live it, love it, and learn from it. Make your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile".

    You have all the King Family and Bagley Family praying for you, which are many numbers, along with all the other families that are sending their support. Kensley and your family have been put in the temple and I know that you are doing all you can do to make her better.

    Trust in God, he has a plan.

    My sister-in-law, Valene, told me something that has stuck with me...."Do everything you can do and when everything is over, you will know that you did your best and that is all Heavenly Father asks".

    I love you all and will continue to pray and send my support. SUSAN PETERSON

    ReplyDelete