Thursday, January 20, 2011
Pushing the halfway mark for radiation completion
It's Been a busy last couple weeks for us. After the first week of radiation was complete we had some good news that kensleys tumor was about half the size it was when we started. After we got home the docs called and wanted to set up another surgery for her ovaries because they were afraid they were still in the radiation field. It was basically the same procedure she had done a few weeks before so they used the same incisions and it went just as planned. We finished that week of radiation and friday she was running a little temp so that held us up for a while getting out of here. This week she has been doing her chemo everyday along with radiation and so far so good. We are hoping she handles this round a little better than last time. The feeding tube has really helped her out, she is gaining a little bit every week so hoping to only have that for a few more weeks. We are counting the days down to Feb10 that is the end of radiation and hopefully the end of the cathedar so hoping she will be back to her busy little self. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and concerns . Love the Kings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Rebecca Lindsay. I saw a posting on Facebook about Kensley's benefit dinner along with this blog address, and felt as though I should to share my thoughts with you.
I was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma in 1999 at the age of thirteen, and went through 12 different kinds of chemo and had 6 weeks of radiation treatment. I grew up in Parowan, Utah and know that there have been several other diagnoses of rhabdomyosarcoma in the same area/vicinity (from Cedar to Milford) in the last 15 years or so. My hope and prayers go out to your daughter and family. Please know that survival is possible! I've been cancer free now for 11 years! I was somewhat of a guinea pig for brand new chemos used for rhabdomyosarcoma when I was going through treatment, and I hope that whatever lessons the doctors learned from my case, they will help with your daughter!
If you have any questions/concerns or would like to just talk to someone who knows what you are going through, you are welcome to contact me, or my mom is also very willing to answer any questions you may have too (she’s more knowledgeable about my treatment than I am).
My email address is becca.lindsay@yahoo.com and my mom (LaRayne) said you can call her at 435-477-3503 (home) or 435-531-1496 (cell). The first 1-2 months are always the hardest to get through. Once you get past that time, things start becoming routine and “normal” if you can call it that. But hope things are going well and again, our prayers are with Kensley and your family!!